West Milton Dam Removal & Stillwater River Restoration
Dam Removal and River Restoration
The West Milton dam was constructed in 1910 to generate electricity for the trolley that went from Dayton to West Milton, Ohio and was later used as a municipal water supply. After 100 years the concrete had deteriorated, and the dam had been deemed unsafe. With the dam also acting as a fish and mussel mitgration barrier and a potential hazard to boaters, the Village of West Milton decided to remove the dam and restore the Stillwater River. The EcoGro/Ridgewater team was hired to carry out the removal of the 300+ ft wide dam and perform the subsequent Stillwater River Restoration.